Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Finding Faith


This is a picture of me & my mom in 1979. I've been reminiscing a lot, looking back at childhood photos, trying to figure out what this life has in store for me. I had no idea, as a child, that I would be so tragically flawed as an adult. But I don't think any of us expect the hand(s) that this crazy world deals us. Without faith in something greater it would be easy to lose my mind; dig in to a hole so deep that I would never again see the light of the day. But you know as well as I do that on a daily basis we lose perspective. Daily we struggle with this life, this world. We feel anxious. We feel sad. We feel angry. Thankfully the goodness most often outshines the dark. Over the past few years I've become so tormented by anxiety that I have to make a concerted effort to see the good. I know that has a lot to do with my faith (or lack thereof) & the stagnation of my relationship with Christ. It's something I know needs to change, but when you're so wickedly exhausted day in and day out, it's incredibly hard to put forth effort into anything but existing. My goal is to begin working on this relationship again. I need to get back to where I know I'm capable of being. Where I live by faith. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...